We offer fishing lessons for individuals and families. Learn how to catch all the species in the Western Long Island Sound. Capt Joby Vinarski and Capt Andy LoCascio have over 60 combined years of knowledge they can share with you.
We give lessons on our boats or your boat. We typically like to start with a lesson on one of our boats so that you can see exactly what we use and how we use it.
Our lessons include the following:
- Selecting the right tackle
- Preparing and using the correct baits
- Throwing a castnet
- Bait preparation
- Tying your own rigs
- Understanding the seasons, tides, and weather
- Learning the best locations for each species and season
- Fishing anytime of the day
- Cleaning and preparing fish for the table
- Operating your boat safely and efficiently
- Buying the right gear for your boat (electronics, knives, nets, etc.)